Canadian Rockies Annual
Wilderness and Adventure. People and Heritage. Science and Environment.
No mountain lover’s bookshelf is complete without the Canadian Rockies Annual on it. A set of five, archival-quality mountain culture magazines, these volumes combine captivating storytelling with striking visuals and beautiful design. Each timeless issue takes the reader on a journey through the Canadian Rockies’ cultural landscape, and delves into the dynamic forces that impact our lives in the mountains. With the curated appeal of a magazine and the heft of a book, this independent publication is sure to impress your houseguests as the crown jewel of your coffee table.
DETAILS: 100 pages, minimal advertising, soft touch cover, perfect bound, full colour on heavy stock. Printed in Canada.
PICK UP FROM OUR BANFF SHOP "PAPER DEN"
If you're in the Bow Valley, use code BANFFPICKUP to save on shipping. We will email you when it is ready to go home with ya!
Curiosity and Discovery
- See a different side of wolverines with Niki Wilson
- Push backcountry skiing to new places with Ryan Stuart
- Flash back to the ’70s with Meghan J. Ward
- Meet the man behind the guidebooks with Zac Robinson/Stephen Slemon
- Hike to the best mountain views with Brian Patton
- Explore ghost towns of the Rockies with Tera Swanson
- Browse photos from Ryan Creary, John E. Marriott, Paul Zizka, and more!
Power of Resilience
- Brush up on the language of fighting wildfires with Niki Wilson
- Rewind back a century to Banff during the First World War with Meghan J. Ward
- Remember visionary alpinist, Marc-André Leclerc, with Bernadette McDonald
- Join the debate on saving one species over another with Ryan Stuart
- Follow dancers and drummers on the powwow trail with Colette Derworiz
- Discover Chic Scott’s picks for best cross-country ski trips with Tera Swanson
- Take your mountain sports to the next level with John Reid
- Browse photos from Ryan Creary, Paul Zizka, Wayne Simpson and more!
- Follow a grizzly from the den and back again with Niki Wilson.
- Meet four mountain-guiding mamas with Lynn Martel.
- Give kids the freedom to roam with Joanna Croston and Jen Groundwater.
- Find out what’s so special about Lake O’Hara with Meghan J. Ward, Graeme Pole, Juliette Recompsat and Stefan Strangman.
- Explore solutions to the mountain town housing crisis with Ryan Stuart.
- Have some Type 2 fun in the Purcell Mountains with Steve Tersmette.
- Read the winning entries from our first-ever writing contest.
- Browse photos from Bryce Brown, Paul Zizka, Martina Gebarovska and more!
- Hike to a forgotten history on the Alberta/B.C. border with Jerry Auld.
- Learn about Chris Perry and the art of routebuilding with Geoff Powter.
- Consider the impacts of too many tourists in Banff National Park with Ryan Stuart.
- Examine what happens as treeline advances with Birch Malotky.
- Follow Sharon Wood’s Everest journey from climbing to writing with Joanna Croston.
- Chronicle the heritage of Assiniboine Lodge with Chic Scott, Meghan J. Ward, Sky England and Lindsay Donovan.
- Tap into the knowledge of three Master Interpreters with Lynn Martel.
- Browse photos from Brandon T. Brown, Ashley Voykin, Paul Zizka and more!
A NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING: The Canadian Rockies Annual is more of a book than a magazine, and it's not cheap to send in the mail. We've done our best to keep shipping costs as low as possible for our customers by absorbing a share of the cost. You can review the cost to you at check-out.